I feel good. Da na na na na na na.  

Posted in

It's been a long time coming, my "alright, God, I'll listen" moment.

I feel good, I feel blessed, I feel like things are okay, even though there are other things I'd like to ignore.

Last week I was blessed with a free Weight Watchers meeting.
Last week I was blessed with a free set of Encyclopedia Britannicas. (can you hear my sigh?)
I got the dishes done every night.
I folded laundry today.
I've been relatively nice. (I heard my son pray, "Thank you for giving mom a stress free day." Oh, how the heart could melt.)
Hubby didn't get a chance to fix the snowblower OR clear the driveway. So last night I was asking God how I was possibly going to shovel the whole driveway? Did I have the money to hire a plow truck? But just this morning our neighbor came by and plowed away! He has told me before that he would, but I totally forgot!! He even plowed the area to the side of the house where my hubby parks his work truck! I just had to stop and thank God for his faithfulness.

Last week, I committed to God that I would stop trying to work on the others around me. I recognized that it was only ME that God wanted me to work on. (amazing concept, huh?) I sure have been reminded that it is through me.....and my ways and actions......that I train my children to walk in the ways that God has for them. School, chores, activities, or otherwise. My actions and attitudes are what need the changes. I really do see how my walk affects my kids. Just today my daughter wrote this journal entry:

Son of God be strong oh
mite (mighty) god I love you so
much. I have fathe in you.
keep my enemies out!
Need I say more?

This entry was posted on Monday, February 05, 2007 at Monday, February 05, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment