Flooding and God  

Posted in

When your heart and mind are filled with "sludge" it clogs up the "River of Life" so that God can not flow out of you. Then your basement floods.

I said in my Weekly Report that the basement had flooded. Now we know why, physically and metaphorically.


We have a drain pipe that runs all the water away from the house so we were puzzled as to why the basement flooded. Yesterday, when Jon went to check the filter cap on the drain, it was filled with sludge. He removed the cap and GUSH came the water. I is always flowing...even in the summer. It was still gushing late yesterday, the build-up of whatever was around the house, but today has slowed to it's normal flow. The basement is almost dry now.





The sermon at church was about the River of Life that flows out of us. I felt God telling me that my heart and mind have become clogged with sludge that has caused the deep areas to become flooded and damaged. I have not felt God flowing out of me for a few months now. I want that water from God that causes me to "thirst no more."

And see this black black pipe to the left? That's the overflow from our well. Good, clean, Poland Springs water. I want to "overflow."

Now it's time to clean the filter, allow God to flow again and deal with the mess left behind. And there IS a mess. Good thing is, you are getting rid of the stuff that didn't matter and cleaning up the areas that you need to keep. And I want to GUSH the River of Life out of me and onto others! I don't want God to have to smack me with a shovel (or flood the basement!) to get my attention.

Keep it flowin' and praise the Lord.

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 05, 2009 at Sunday, April 05, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment