The Weekly Report 3/30  

Posted in

Well, this week has been a complete bust.

First, the bright side -- I got signed up on facebook! That has been fun and interesting.

(Do I WANT to talk to some people? I never thought I'd see HIS face again)

I talked to people that I never thought I'd see/talk with again! I loaded old pictures and remembered old times. I had to remind myself to get up from the computer and live in the now!

I found:
All my old youth leaders
Best friend from elementary school
Best friend from Massachusetts times
















My choir buddies




My Oddessy of the Mind buddies
YD student leader friends
The guy that used to drive me to Jazz Choir
Someone who liked my sister in middle school
A girl I used to do sign language with in choir class
The funniest girl ever: Whitney










One of the twins I used to babysit--the one on the right -- and were flower girls at my wedding



And a couple others that I just won't mention what my memories of them are.

A girls mind is like an ocean...some things are just too deep and are better left in the depths.

Week in Review:
Bible: None
Math: None
Grammar: None
Spelling: None
History: We listened to the whole Story of the World 3 CD set.
Science: Nature video on how animals fight
Latin: None

Basically, nothing.

But it all starts last Friday.

D. calls me at gymnastics to tell me that the basement is flooded. I knew I couldn't do anything while we were gone, so I told him to just get every box up off the floor and save whatever he could. I came home to find that he had picked up a few boxes, his hockey bag and his suitcase. I was really frustrated that he didn't listen better and save much more during the 3 hours since he called me. I found my wedding dress on the floor and was in tears.

Saturday Jon began to do what he could with the basement. S and I went off to her friends house for the day to do hair. I spent the remainder of the afternoon patiently untangling the hair of my friends daughter who has African American hair. It was so bad and matted...but I have seen her mom try and try to manage it midst tears of frustration. I got about half of her hair done that day.

Sunday we arrived at the gym at 7:30 to set up for the competition that day. It was a great day. Lots of work went into the meet.












Shannon came in first with a score of 37.00! I posted a couple of her videos on youtube.....click on the link at the top of the page to see them.












They day was good, but exhausting. I decided to declare that Monday was a day off so that we could have some rest.












Monday I actually spent the day back over at our friends house finishing the rest of the little girl's hair. After taking S to gymnastics that afternoon, we went back to her house and finally finished at about 6:15. I was so tired but so happy to see the smiles on everyones faces. It was a blessing to me.

Tuesday we didn't do any school either! I have just been so tired, the house is a mess, basement, D and the school issues. It's just too much for me to handle! So I just did lots of paperwork that day. Caught up on things. S was watching some nature videos until lunch when she suddenly got a head ache. I gave her some medicine and she slept for 2 hours.

Wednesday she woke up with a fever. So from Wednesday to Friday she sat on the couch watching movies and I cleaned (some) and played on the computer (more) and tried to find my joy again.

It's Friday and I'm still trying to find it.

This week we found out how many projects and reports D has coming up. He has one to catch up on also. He also started Tennis this week which is a good thing, but he is really having trouble organizing his time to get things done. The school should have been having someone help him with this but I just found out that the person responsible for his IEP is not implementing the most important part of it! I just don't think that he can arrange all of this. I don't know what to do about that anymore. I contacted an Advocate from Southern Maine Parent Awareness to help me. It didn't help that D's doctor called me and said that at this point the only thing that I can do is manage his medication. The rest is up to him.

So that was our week.

I promise next week we will be conjugating Latin verbs again.

Promise.

This entry was posted on Friday, April 03, 2009 at Friday, April 03, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Hope next week is better for you all!

8:52 PM

We didn't get much school in this week either, so don't feel bad! Here's hoping next week will be better. :-)

10:17 PM

Thanks! I think it will be!

8:46 AM

Post a Comment